Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Overwhelming Love

I just went running out around the school campus on the chillin' breezy night. Oh! What a wonderful feeling to be able to pour out my energy on jogging, breathing the unpolluted fresh air, meditating on every single beat of my heart and thanking God for the quietness of my soul as the tall fur-like trees being swayed by the cooly wind of this silent night!

To be honest, I am not a really durable runner. I usually run for at least 10 laps around the soccer field, (which its size is like your backyard if you've been to GES...haha...). But that's good for my body...at least for now. Then after I felt exhausted, I'd cool down by stretching, doing sit-up and laying down on the ground. Tonight I did the same thing. And while I was lying there lifting my feet and pointing my eyes heavenward, I felt amazingly close to God. It was JUST RIGHT THERE within my reach. Though I was so bugged with wild tropical mosquitoes (yah...sorry that the mentioning of mosquitoes kinda spoils the cooly story), my whole being resisted to move.

Now I just thank God for the joy in my heart for having His love grasping so tightly. He is the trusted Guardian of my spirit, and my soul longs and thirsts for Him.

I feel alive once more...

"As the deer panteth for the water
So my soul longeth after Thee
You alone are my heart's desire
And I long to worship Thee
You alone are my strength, my shield
To You alone may my spirit yielded
You alone are my heart's desire
And I long to worship Thee"
May this song, which was inspired by Psalm 42, be your prayer when your soul is dry and your heart is being cracked. Great is our Comforter. Let our lives be the burnt offerings that please Him, and worship Him.

Picture from: http://www.deanesmay.com/files/deanesmay-starsky.jpg
Picture by Van Goh

No comments:

Books Corner

  • Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller
  • Facing Your Giants by Max Lucado
  • Heavenly Man, The by Brother Yun with Paul Hattaway
  • Hind's Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard.
  • In the Presence of My Enemies by Gracia Burnham & Dean Merrill.
  • Into the Wilderness by Sara Donati
  • Irresistible Revolution, The by Shane Claiborne
  • Jonathan, the Prince by Francine Rivers
  • Left Behind Series by Jerry B. Jenkins & Tim Lahaye
  • Lineage of Grace, The by Francine Rivers.
  • Lord of The Rings, The by J.R.R. Tolkien.
  • Prayer by Philip Yancey
  • Redeeming Love, The by Francine Rivers.
  • Soul Survivor by Philip Yancey
  • Through Painted Deserts by Donald Miller