Thursday, November 5, 2009

I Delight to Do Your Will

I just finished reading the whole bible, and I'm still trying to figure out what to read next. Should I find a bible study book and focus on that or should I read something like Our Daily Bread? I don't know yet. But today, I opened a daily devotional book, God's Promises, my friend gave me years ago to today's date (Nov 5), I found just what I need. Here's what it says:

"I delight to do Your will, O my God, and Your law is within my heart." Psalm 40:8

The situation that looms in front of you may seem impossible to overcome in your own strength. It might be the result of your own actions, or you may be an innocent victim, caught in the backlash of someone else's consequences. Whatever the case, we can easily become intimidated, even fearful, and eventually immobile. The only way to move beyond that sort of paralyzing stalemate is to learn to accept and trust God's plan. You release the controls and wait for Him to move
.

- Charles R. Swindoll
Paul: A man of Grace and Grit


I'm so cumbersome with loads of work at the moment. We, Yui (my best co-worker I could ever ask for) and I, have a big tour coming up next week. Our schedule becomes so crammed up with the tour's to-do list. This is not to mention other daily tasks I have to handle such as replying daily e-mails, making phone calls, following up with other co-workers for a week-late questions and arranging visits. Somehow my time is consumed with work that I unfortunately have to neglect other important stuff such as keeping in touch with friends or being there for those who need encouragement.

Today's verse gently brings me to my knees. The psalmist says, "I delight to do Your will,
O my God, and Your law is within my heart." Often I automatically do what I'm supposed to do without even thinking why I do it and whom I do it for. Without answers to these 2 questions, all the work in the world is pointless. It's "vanity and grasping for the wind".

So let us find the meaning of our life, our job and our very existence. Why we do what we do? And whom are we doing it for?

Grace and Peace,

Mink

No comments:

Books Corner

  • Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller
  • Facing Your Giants by Max Lucado
  • Heavenly Man, The by Brother Yun with Paul Hattaway
  • Hind's Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard.
  • In the Presence of My Enemies by Gracia Burnham & Dean Merrill.
  • Into the Wilderness by Sara Donati
  • Irresistible Revolution, The by Shane Claiborne
  • Jonathan, the Prince by Francine Rivers
  • Left Behind Series by Jerry B. Jenkins & Tim Lahaye
  • Lineage of Grace, The by Francine Rivers.
  • Lord of The Rings, The by J.R.R. Tolkien.
  • Prayer by Philip Yancey
  • Redeeming Love, The by Francine Rivers.
  • Soul Survivor by Philip Yancey
  • Through Painted Deserts by Donald Miller