Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My Heart's Yearning

"Since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken,
let us have grace, by which we may serve God."
Hebrews 12:28
God is a God who opens the door and waves His hand, pointing pilgrims to a full table. His invitation is not just for a meal, however. It is for life. An invitation to come into His kingdom and take up residence in a tearless, graveless, painless world. Who can come? Whoever wishes. The invitation is at once universal and personal.

- Max Lucado
And the Angels were Silent

I'm listening to this song "How Deep the Father's Love" right now...and I could see Jesus' face coming up smiling at me. I feel so inadequate...so humble...because of His unconditional love. Even though I sin and turn away from Him, He is forever unchanging. It makes me shameful of how I've treated Him. I said I will stay clean, close and obedient to Him but when something comes along the way and tempts me, I somehow forget what I promised to Him.

I love God...I do...with all my heart. But a lot of times, lots of frustrating times, my desire wins. How I yearn to be rid of the sinful nature for good!

Yet because of His forgiveness, and only because of it, I can be unashamed. Please pray for this spiritual warfare within my heart. I know Jesus has already won the battle but denying myself everyday and taking up the cross IS difficult.

"Oh Lord, please forgive me for my disobedience and for putting myself in a place where I shouldn't have. Thank You for Your blood that washes away my sins. Jesus, I have no desire to take any advantage of Your salvation. I don't want to cheapen Your grace. Please accept this broken heart. Father, You promised that when we humble ourselves and pray and seek Your face and turn from our wicked ways, You will hear from heaven and forgive our sin. Help me, oh God, to be a living sacrifice for You. That people will see You through me.

Thank You for loving us, mankind, so dearly that You should come and die on the cross...to endure the searing pain so that we may have life. God, I commit myself into Your hand. Though the world turns its back to me, I will continue to follow You.

You know that I love you...I DO."

No comments:

Books Corner

  • Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller
  • Facing Your Giants by Max Lucado
  • Heavenly Man, The by Brother Yun with Paul Hattaway
  • Hind's Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard.
  • In the Presence of My Enemies by Gracia Burnham & Dean Merrill.
  • Into the Wilderness by Sara Donati
  • Irresistible Revolution, The by Shane Claiborne
  • Jonathan, the Prince by Francine Rivers
  • Left Behind Series by Jerry B. Jenkins & Tim Lahaye
  • Lineage of Grace, The by Francine Rivers.
  • Lord of The Rings, The by J.R.R. Tolkien.
  • Prayer by Philip Yancey
  • Redeeming Love, The by Francine Rivers.
  • Soul Survivor by Philip Yancey
  • Through Painted Deserts by Donald Miller